Election 2016

This Is the Smartest Thing Bernie Sanders Has Done in Weeks

esquire.comThe shebeen is closed temporarily on the general subject of the Democratic presidential nominating horse race. The two candidates are so close on 90 percent of the issues that, as they say around the backstretch, you can’t shine a flashlight between them. The other 10 percent of the issues are made up of an unstable compound of butthurt and outrage that has exploded the whole thing into uncharted and fantastical political realms and I choose not to vacation in any of them.

One thing I will talk about is how to keep the legitimate populist concerns of the Sanders campaign alive.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s